Thursday, September 29, 2016

Academic Shoot reflection and critique

1. The challenges that I faced while trying to get pictures that followed the rules were finding that a lot of the lighting was best outside so the best pictures were of students working outside instead of in a classroom. Also, the classrooms looked messy because of the papers and textbooks so it was hard to get a picture that focused just not he subject.

2. The technical aspects of photography that I think I focused on the most were the focus of the picture and good lighting as well as not trying to turn or tilt the camera because I was worried if I ended up tilting the picture then the whole rule would be messed up because then the picture would be at an angle.

3. If I could have done this assignment again I would have focused more on the hard rules and not done a bunch of the easier rules. I found this as a problem when picking out pictures to put on this blog because I had taken so many of the easy rules and had so many to choose from but then when it car to looking at the more difficult rules I either had very few or just one that I had to use. This was a problem because usually the picture looks different on the big computer screen so it was hard to have to use the picture that I was not happy with. With that said, I would go into more classrooms and get the hard rules knocked out first.

4. If I redid this photo shoot I would still get multiple pictures for each of the rules and like I did get good pictures by a window where a lot of the light comes through. This is good because then the picture would be yellow and I wanted it crisp. I would also like to go into the same classrooms again because I really like the use of classrooms and which classrooms I chose to be in and take pictures.

5. When I go out with my next set of prompts I think that the rule that will be the easiest to achieve is the rule of thirds because I can make a picture turn into the rule of thirds by the position of my camera and my body. You can do this by simply shifting over to make the picture rule of thirds. The rest of the rules you can't really make happen but this one you can.

6. I think the rule that will be the hardest to achieve is frame. I had a hard time with framing because I could not find any other framing except for people inside doorways. Also, I struggled with this because even if I found a picture everything still looked crammed or cluttered and the picture was not focusing on the center point.

7. The rule that I am still not totally clear on is balance. I can look back at the powerpoint that we did earlier this six weeks and go over balance and the definitions and examples because I understand what balance is I just don't understand if there is a rule that the camera can not be shifted. I will look at the power point to make sure everything makes since.


Blog feedback:


http://gailsphotojournalismblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/academic-shoot-images.html

Positive:

Two positive things in Gail's blog was that I think her merger picture is very cool because she shows the person with a huge merger which is a pole from the ground but it really looks like it's coming out of her head. I think this picture demonstrated a merger very well. Another positive thing in Gail's academic shoot is that her balance picture is good because she shows one person on each side of the table which perfectly shows how the picture is balanced on each side.

Improvement:

One thing that could be improved on in Gail's academic shoot is for her framing picture there is not really a frame around the boy so she could make the frame more clear next time because there is so much going on in the background that you cannot even tell where the frame around the boy could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment